Sunday, March 24, 2013

Whining and waiting for spring!


Soooooo cold here. I am currently waiting for it to try and snow again tonight. What?! Yes.
Spring always takes SO long to get here. Yes, I know - if you follow my blog or FB page I have already complained
about this. I will continue until it is at least 65 degrees!

Yesterday was at least nice enough for me to get outside and do a little yard work. I cut back all my grasses
(including 10 foot tall pampas - ergh! What was I thinking?) and pulled some weeds that managed to make
their way through the dirt. I can't wait until it looks like this out there again:
Pretty blooms. Hurry please!
Ugh. I figure if it is going to be this cold I will try and be productive indoors some more. Time to tackle the
sunroom walls. I drove over to Benjamin Moore to grab my paint so I would stop hemming and hawing about
which color to use. Bah! They were closed. Duh. It's Sunday!

Instead, I added another coat of wax to my dining room corner cabinet I've been working on. I had painted in in
Annie Sloan French Linen. I wasn't loving the color up against my black dining room wallpaper (see that HERE ).
I let it sit for a few days while I decided what to do with it. So a little dark wax mixed with clear wax has
toned down the brightness of the color (Hubs asked me if it was primer. Thanks hon'. I've only been working
on this for 2 days. And it looks like a primed piece. FAB'!).

Well it looks better now and if the sun actually decides to show itself again over Spring Break I will take some pictures!

I bought myself some potted tulips from the grocery store to try and bring a little spring in my house.
I put them in a old pail I found at a barn sale.
I put a tupperware upside-down in the bottom and set the tulip pot on top.
Then I bunched some burlap scraps around the top to beef it up. Cute, eh?

Now I think it is time for another cup of coffee and some more Pinterest surfing! Sorry for being so random today!
How are YOU staying warm? And if it IS warm where you are just go ahead and keep that to yourself. Really!
=o)

Sharing at:
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Savvy Southern Style
Cedarhill Ranch-The Scoop
From My Front Porch To Yours
DIY by Design
Jennifer Rizzo
Blue Egg Brown Nest
French Country Cottage


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! ~ Lisa