Monday, January 14, 2013

Basement Doors - Back in Black

I am finally, FINALLY, getting around to doing this. I really need to kick up my efforts on the Man Cave this year.
The kids are getting older now and they are really only down there for video gaming. We have a big ole supply of toys in a corner for when we have parties and all the younger kids come over. But the Hubs has been talking about a pool table possibly so I think that is my CUE (ha ha) to start making it a little more adult down there!

So there are a LOT of plans we are batting around. But this one was the easiest and after seeing
Thrifty Decor Chick's post HERE on getting hers done I decided to make that the project du jour.
Well, it will take MORE than one day but I have done 2 doors so far.

Before:


After:
Looks SO much better right? This is the bathroom door at the bottom of the stairs to the basement.
The black door really brings out the other black accents in the bathroom:
 This picture is taken through the mirror - so those marks on the door are not bad painting... Um... just a dirty mirror!
 And here is the door to the toy closet (soon to be craft closet! Shhh.. don't tell!)

I used Benjamin Moore Aura paint so it only took 2 coats straight over the builders painted white door.
The color is actually Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black. Since I already have that color in my kitchen and family room
I know I like it. What do you think? I love how it makes the white trim really pop.
AND it hides all the dirty door since no one here seems to be able to figure out what the KNOB is used for!

2 comments:

Shaya said...

I love the black doors! Will you come paint mine in the new house? :-)

Lisa @ HouseOfFabForLess said...

Ha! Sure!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! ~ Lisa