Sunday, January 27, 2013

I can't get enough of burlap!


I have had a few framed burlap images saved on Pinterest.
I was having a hard time deciding exactly what I wanted to do or where I would put it.
I love this one:
You can read all about it at Flea Market Trixie's blog HERE
She used her maiden name, her boyfriend's last name and their house number.
I had pinned this cute little piece from Domestically Speaking:
And ended up using her technique as explained here.
To make this cute little sign! I used all our birth dates and our wedding date in chronological order.

Close ups of date...
 And bottom.

This was such a simple project. Seriously! I should be calling my blog "A Monkey Can Do It!". I can't remember where I saw the idea for the dates and saying. I have had it written out in a file on my mac for a while just waiting to use it. I think this took me about 15 minutes to do! All you need is a printer, burlap and some freezer paper. I got my freezer paper at Giant (I'm sure WalMart has it too). I almost missed it. There was only one brand, just one row, kinda tucked in by the wax paper. It is basically white paper on one side and wax paper on the other. Cut a piece of burlap and a piece of freezer paper to 8.5" x 11". Lay the burlap down and then the shiny side of the freezer paper down on that and then iron them on medium. This will bind the freezer paper to you burlap. Then all you have to do is run your burlap straight through your printer and "voila!" you are done! So easy and cute. And now hubs won't get mad at me for always forgetting our anniversary (I know, I know - men are supposed to be the ones that forget, right?!). Because I certainly did NOT make the first one with the wrong date! What loser would DO that?

Next I need to figure out what I want to do with this salvaged cabinet door I got. Maybe a sign? A initial? Any thoughts?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! ~ Lisa