Thursday, January 2, 2014

Yummy Meat Sauce on a Cold day!


This will be a first for me on this blog. I am just posting a recipe for you guys tonight! It's the best, yummiest
meat sauce EVER! I just really need to share it because it will make your life easier! My mom thinks her
sauce is the best but this is better! And since she does not read my blog she will never see this!
And if you tell her I said that I will most certainly deny it! And now am going to share this wondrous recipe with you! And you will thank me for making your day easier
AND for all the compliments you will get from your family!

First let me tell you what I love most about it. I was done cooking dinner at noon! I use the crock pot for this recipe which I love. And the house smelled wonderful on this cold, winter day as I went about cleaning after
the "festivus of un-decorating" that happened the 2 previous days (more on that later!).

Here is what my house looked like as I pulled in from driving my son to swim practice:
 It was just starting to snow here! As I write this it is completely white out!
On to the good stuff now!

Yummiest Meat Sauce:

Ingredients:
2 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
7 garlic cloves
1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
3 14-ounce cans of chopped or diced tomatoes (I prefer the fire roasted)
1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
1/4 cup sugar
3 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon crushed red peppers
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Brown the beef with the onion and garlic in a skillet. add into crock pot with all the other ingredients.
Cook on low 8 hours or medium 5 hours.
Enjoy!

Here is what was left of my second bowl! Yup. I had two serving. Clearly low carb diet starts tomorrow!
I hope you try it and I hope you love it as much as I do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! ~ Lisa